Depending on the lender, additional documentation may be required, however the following documents will be the minimum requirements for all lenders.
- Passport or Driving Licence. Passport is preferred, but most lenders will also accept a full UK driving licence showing your current address.
- If you don’t have a British or EU passport, or a passport from Norway, Switzerland, Iceland or Lichtenstein (EFTA countries), lenders will also request to see your residency card or visa.
Proof of Name & Address
Usually any ONE of the following:
- Bank statement which shows your name & address
- Council tax statement for the current year
- Utility bill from the last 3 months, which can be water, landline, internet, electricity and gas bill (but not a mobile phone bill)
Proof of Income and Deposit
Usually ALL of the below will be required:
- If you’re Employed: Your last 3 payslips
- If you’re Self-Employed: Your last 3 years of tax returns and tax year overviews (or however many you have, if it’s less than 3 years’ worth). These may also be know as ‘SA302’s.
- Your last 3 bank statements, showing your name, address and your salary credit (if you have separate bill paying accounts, we will also need the last 3 months of these)
- Proof of any other sources of income, like bonuses and income from rental properties
- Proof of your deposit (like a bank statement)
- If your deposit is a gift, you’ll need a letter from the person giving it to you confirming they don’t expect it to be repaid